May 4, 2007

Summer Session Financial Aid

Posted in FAFSA at 10:08 AM by kpops

In order to receive Financial Aid for the Summer Session, you must have completed your Fafsa for the appropriate year. In most cases schools base financial aid awards on the previous school year. So, this means for your upcoming summer session, you must have completed the Fafsa for the 2006-2007 school year. If you have not done this some schools will still allow you to do so up until May but you must check with your school to be certain.

A few things are considered when determining your eligibility for a Stafford Loan.

  • # of Credit Hours
  • Length of Each Class
  • Amt. of Aid you have already received for Fall/Spring

All students enrolled in Summer Session courses that are seeking Financial Aid must be enrolled at least half time in order to be eligible. Students who have already borrowed the maximum amount for Fall and Spring may not be eligible for additional aid fo the Summer Session. However, if you have earned enough credit hours within Fall and Spring to advance to the next grade level then you may have additional eligibility.

Contact your school directly for information on your eligibility and make sure that once you have been awarded the loan that you sign a Master Promissory Note. If you do not sign this then the school will not be able to certify the loan for you.

The Student Loan Network: Stafford Federal Student Loans, Parent PLUS Loans, Student Loan Consolidation, Private Student Loans


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: