January 12, 2011
5 Financial Aid Tips for 2011
Posted in FAFSA, Parent PLUS Loans, Private Loans, Scholarships, Stafford Loans, Student Loan News, The Financial Aid Process tagged FAFSA, financial aid, financial aid advice, financial aid tips, grants, paying for college, scholarships, student loans at 1:19 PM by plusloans
Here is another list – this time about financial aid:
- Complete the FAFSA application to qualify for federal and institutional financial aid. Applying early will increase your eligibility for aid. Those who wait may loose out.
- Once you complete the FAFSA, apply for scholarships. There are thousands of private and free scholarship programs. Again, apply early to get the best chance of securing money for 2011.
- Research and apply for federal student loans. These loans are great options. The Stafford loan has a low rate and interest as well as payments are deferred until after graduation for the “subsidized” Stafford loan.
- Review private student loans and student loans from banks. These loans offer some different options and may be at lower (variable) rates compared to the fixed plus loan rate.
- Dig deep into your savings – you’ll need it…
Good luck with funding the next year of school. The costs continue to rise.